The PGSO envisions an effective, efficient and sustainable programs on administration and local governance that are already in place which operates on optimum budget with adequate stocks readily available and competent manpower who are responsive to the needs of the clients with the right quality of supplies and general services at the right time and at the right place in support to the Four Pillars of Development of the Chief Executive on Health, Education, Livelihood and Infrastructure.
To establish a reliable office, empowered by proficient and steadfast employeesmotivated by the best practices, accountability and good governance in the quest of its goals and objectives as provided for by law in line with supply and property management, maintenance of buildings and grounds, electrical, plumbing, IT and electronic equipment, light vehicles and other services such as embalming and requests for the use of government equipment and facilities.
1. Formulate measures for the consideration of the SangguniangPanlalawigan and provide technical assistance and support to the Governor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities pursuant to Section 17 of the Local Government Code and which require general services expertise and technical support services.
2. Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the Governor, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with general services supportive of the welfare of the inhabitants which the governor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide under this code.
3. Take custody of and be accountable for all properties, real or personal, owned by the Provincial Government and those granted to it in the form of donation, reparation and assistance and counter part of joint projects.
4. With the approval of the Governor, assign building or land space to local official or other public officials who by law are entitled to such space.
5. Recommend to the Governor the reasonable rental rates for local government properties whether real or personal, which will be leased to public and private entities by the Provincial Government.
6. Recommend to the Governor the reasonable rental rates of private properties which maybe leased by official use of the Provincial Government.
7. Maintain and supervise janitorial, security, landscaping and other related services in all provincial public buildings and other real property, whether owned or leased by the Provincial Government.
8. Collate and disseminate information regarding prices, shipping and other costs of supplies and other items commonly use by the Provincial Government.
9. Perform archival record with respect to records of offices and all departments of the Provincial Government.
10. Perform all other functions pertaining to Supply and Property Management and enforce policies on records creation, maintenance and disposal.
11. Be in frontline of general services related activities such as the possible or imminent destruction or damage to records, supply, properties, and structures and the orderly and sanitary clearing up of waste materials or debris, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities.
12. Recommend to the SangguniangPanlalawigan and advise the Governor for all matters relative to the general services; and
13. Exercise such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.